Sunday, September 14, 2014

Farewell IDDS

Although on July 7th I left Arusha and the friends I made at the International Development Design Summit (IDDS), I still look forward to remaining an active member of the International Development Innovation Network (IDIN). This network of innovators around the world makes IDDS a very small part of a larger community of 300 entrepreneurial leaders. I feel so fortunate to have access to mentorship, venture support, and grants as a member of IDIN. Thank you for following my adventure in Tanzania. Feel free to listen to my lessons learn from participating in the International Development Design Summit.

If you are interested in continuing this project, applying to an IDDS, or engaging with the IDIN, please contact me at dhines2 at babson.edu.

A photo taken of the two teams working in Orkilili, Education and Livestock Fodder Production, after our final community presentation.

A photo of the Education and Livestock Fodder Production teams alongside the community leaders we invited back to our Arusha campus. Those leaders were the Ward Executive, a Village Chairman, a Candidate for a Bachelors in Livestock Science, a secondary school Principal, and the Chairwoman/Founder of the Orkilili Womens' Finance Group.

Our last moments together. I was one of two participants selected to speak on behalf of the participant experience at the closing ceremony. I shared some insights into what I thought might be 'side effects' of post-IDDS life.

No comments:

Post a Comment