Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Internship at USAID

My name is David Hines. I am interning at the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in the U.S. Global Development Lab in Washington, D.C. from May to August 2015. I am fortunate to be supported by Olin College of Engineering and MIT D-Lab’s International Development Innovation Network. In May 2015, I graduated from Babson College with a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration. At Babson, I concentrated in Technology, Entrepreneurship, & Design and Global Business Management.

This will be my second summer on the Babson-Olin-Wellesley International Development Blog. In July and August 2014, I blogged about my experience participating in the International Development Design Summit (IDDS) in Arusha, Tanzania. IDDS is a hands-on product design experience that brings together innovators from around the world to co-create low-cost, appropriate technologies to improve the lives of people living in poverty. Two of my favorite blogs from last summer are about design in a developing country context and about the incredible diversity of participants IDDS draws.



Upper Left: On Saturday, May 16, 2015 I received my diploma from Babson. Upper Right and Lower Left: On May 17, I drove 9 hours from Boston to Washington, D.C. The car was packed to capacity. I made sure to bring my bike which has been a valuable asset commuting around the city. Lower Right: May 18, I began New Employee Orientation. I am fortunate to have received security clearance despite being a dual citizen. My badge allows me access to the USAID offices in the Ronald Reagan Building at 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW.

No comments:

Post a Comment